Marcus Thomas LLC
PublishedMarch 23, 2020
Marcus Thomas is an agency with the deepest digital, social and creative teams in its weight class. But when it comes to our people, we’re a happy band of “commanders of the impossible.” Don’t tell us it can’t be done — we’ll always prove you wrong!
We are looking for an SEO Manager to join our Media team! This individual will have two to three years of SEO experience, with exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Develop comprehensive SEO strategies for a wide range of clients
- Create and manage process of technical, on-site and off-site optimization for clients
- Technical analysis and implementation to ensure compliance with current search engine indexing practices — including but not limited to structured data, robots.txt files, XML sitemaps, crawl errors, HTTP headers, page speed, etc.
- Optimize and/or develop on-site content, including title, description, header and image tags, and on-page copy
- Keyword research and strategy recommendations
- Navigation and site structure recommendations
- URL and directory structure naming recommendations
- Ongoing monitoring of client sites in support of best-in-class SEO practices
- Work on migration and redirect strategies for new website launches to maintain and improve rankings post-launch
- Keep yourself, our team and our processes up to date with the most current SEO strategies and tactics, including algorithm updates and industry news
- Deep understanding of search engine marketing, how paid and organic search work together and how search fits into the overall digital media mix
- Measure, monitor and report on SEO implementations and results
- Create and present education and/or training materials to internal teams, as well as clients
- Participate in thought leadership activities, including contributing to monthly agency newsletter, speaking at conferences, providing POVs, etc.
- Two to three years of SEO experience preferred. Agency experience is a plus.
- Ability to develop well-written, well-researched copy for search-related online marketing activities
- Ability to develop comprehensive, holistic SEO strategies across clients in a variety of industries. Strategies should encompass all areas of SEO, including technical, on-site, off-site, content, etc.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and provide actionable recommendations for SEO best practices, both technical and non-technical
- Experience with BrightEdge a plus, but not required
- A self-starter with efficient time management and strong problem-solving skills
- Financial acumen with regard to budgeting, projections and revenue metrics
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills; commercially oriented, confident, outgoing, articulate, and persuasive, with a strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational, negotiation and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Experience collaborating with a large account team working on multimedia channels
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint