AAF-Cleveland is proud to feature our corporate members and the great work they are producing. This edition introduces us to AdTheorent.
Tell us a little about your company and your role there?
Founded in 2011, AdTheorent uses advanced machine learning technology and solutions to deliver real-world value for advertisers and marketers. AdTheorent’s industry-leading machine learning platform powers its predictive targeting, geo-intelligence, proprietary relationship graph and in-house creative capability, Studio A\T. This product suite allows advertisers to identify the most qualified individuals coupled with the optimal creative experience to drive campaign performance and deliver on advertiser KPIs at scale.
The Company is headquartered in New York, with 12 offices across the United States and Canada.
What is your company most excited about in terms of marketing/video production/communications/advertising in 2019?
We are especially excited to see deeper integration and continued advancement of AI and machine learning into the advertising world. Marketers now have a greater ability to shift focus away from traditional campaign KPIs like clicks or video completion rates and instead utilize more complex measurement options that tie campaign efforts directly to real-world business results. Whether the overall goal is driving users into store, selling more of a given product, driving incremental purchases, or deep funnel actions on a website – the ability to deliver against these complex and tangible real-world outcomes is more important than ever before.
What are some of the most exciting projects your company is working on or just finished up?
AdTheorent has worked partners to deliver real-world business results and drive their business forward.
A couple of recent examples include:
- Norwegian Air: Driving Real-World Actions with Machine Learning-Powered Digital Advertising
- Advertiser Objective: Norwegian Air partnered with AdTheorent to drive new ticket bookings via Norwegian.com. The airline was also looking to raise awareness in key markets about the “World’s Best Long-Haul, Low-Cost Airline” brand campaign.
- AdTheorent Solution: AdTheorent developed custom machine learning models to target consumers within Norwegian’s key markets who were deemed most likely to complete a booking. Leveraging impression-level conversion information, AdTheorent’s data science team used real-time feedback to optimize campaign delivery.
- Campaign Results: The campaign exceeded Norwegian Air’s goals, delivering a cost per booking CPA that was 170% lower than the CPA goal.
- The Shelter Pet Project: AdTheorent Taps the Power of Relationship Targeting to Drive Shelter Pet Adoption
- Advertiser Objective: AdTheorent partnered with the Ad Council to support the “Shelter Pet Project,” a digital advertising initiative co-sponsored by The Humane Society and Maddie’s Project. The goal of the Shelter Pet Project is to find a home for the 2.4 million healthy and treatable pets that are currently in shelters. The primary campaign objective was to drive deep funnel visits to the pet adoption page on theshelterpetproject.org. AdTheorent used its Relationship Targeting capability to drive pet adoption consideration.
- AdTheorent Solution: AdTheorent identified audiences which had previously visited the Shelter Pet Project’s website. AdTheorent then used its Relationship Graph comprised of 1.3 trillion connections to map the identified audience to its real-world relationships, including an average of 14 friends, family members and co-habitants per user. AdTheorent mapped real-world human connections to target the family and co-habitants of the core group that had expressed interest in pet adoption, with the goal of influencing the core audience through these relationships.
- Campaign Results: Reaching the core consumer who had shown initial interest in pet adoption by visiting theshelterpetproject.org, as well as his or her family members, combined to drive a higher conversion. Relationship Targeting drove an 86% lift in conversion, as opposed to targeting only the individual who had previously visited the adoption URL. Relationship Targeting demonstrated that with a larger influence from family, engagement rate performance improved and more users advanced within the adoption funnel. Conversion rates for in-market individuals who had 6 connections who were also served advertisements outperformed (by 70%) the conversion rates for in-market individuals with only one connection who had been served an ad.
What has been the most valuable take away from your AAFCLE Corporate Membership?
AdTheorent has experienced rapid growth year-over-year across the United States and Canada and we are excited to have the opportunity to deepen our focus within the Cleveland market. Our AAFCLE Corporate Membership will allow our organization to support, learn from, and participate in the local advertising community in more impactful ways.
How can we learn more about your company?
Visit our website: www.adtheorent.com